The Director of Business Development (DBD) carries full responsibility over sales and business development activities for the innovative bare overhead conductors in the US and Canadian markets. Clients and prospects are primarily the major electrical utilities operating high voltage transmission and distribution grids.
The DBD will build strong relationships at multiple levels within all of his/her customers. He/she will be able to understand customers’ technical needs, detect or create business potential for LAMIFIL efficiently, and convince all relevant stakeholders of LAMIFIL’s product value.
The position will require regular travel throughout the assigned territory, estimated at about 50% or higher, as well as travel to HQ in Belgium for training and meetings.
The DBD will also be responsible for the daily running of the US subsidiary. If successful, the role could be expanded with additional sales responsibilities over other Lamifil market segments (e.g. railway).
1. Customer relationship
- proactively assess, clarify and validate customer needs
- build long lasting relationships/partnerships with LAMIFIL customers and prospects
- build preferred relationships with all functions throughout the customer organization – ownership, leadership and operators
2. Territory development
- identify all commercial opportunities in the territory
- contact and make appointments with both influencers and decision makers
- identify the needs and provide solutions with LAMIFIL’s products
- contribute to developing the sales plan + setting the targets
- build customer/channel sales plans to deliver against sales targets
- secure new business and grow existing accounts to meet/exceed sales objectives
- prepare and complete registration or qualification processes to participate in RFQ’s, or other procurement procedures
- manage and prepare commercial bids and offers, maximizing LAMIFIL’s commercial results whilst minimizing risk
- prepare detailed and complete answers to tenders issued by customers; follow-up on offers and tenders issued
- establish clear and timely communication with LAMIFIL customers at all levels, be it offers, RFPs, responses to requests on tech specs or production schedules, etc.
- monitor timely delivery of orders with HQ Logistics
- communicate on all customer and stakeholder interaction
- maintain all contacts and meetings in CRM database and network
- weekly reporting to HQ
- adhere to expenditure budgets related to territory sales activity at all levels
6. Day-to-day operation of the US subsidiary
skills + competencies
- Deep understanding of industrial sales processes
- Technical knowledge of HV transmission and distribution
- Ability to work autonomously – although in great collaboration with LAMIFIL team
- Excellent communication, people management and presentation skills
- Well-honed negotiating skills
- +10y experience in a demanding industrial B2B sales environment
- Extensive background in selling, developing and managing a larger territory
- Proven track record of sales achievement – exceeding sales goals and targets
- Familiarity with the Electrical Power market mechanisms
- Engineering background and/or experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Science or Business – Graduate Degree is a plus
- Fluency in French is considered a plus
- Cultural understanding through European company work experience is a plus
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary commensurate with work experience, composed of a base salary and bonus opportunity
- Competitive benefit package
- Recruitment contact for Lamifil Inc.: email@example.com
- Candidate should reside in a major East-Coast metro area – no relocation budget available
- We are only interested in speaking with candidates – NOT agencies
- Only candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted
In order to select the best candidate for the position, Lamifil Inc. may include in the recruitment process the use of background checks, reference checks and aptitude, skills and personality assessments.