Division – sales team
The Proposal Manager ensures that all proposals delegated to him/her are fully executed from start to finish. This involves coordinating the proposal process, preparing the actual proposals and presenting them to the sales manager and/or clients. As a proposal Manager you work on tight deadlines, you delegate tasks required to complete a proposal and follow this closely. Besides proposals you will also be preparing certification and homologation dossiers.
As part of the sales team you will be working on railway projects and on overhead conductor requests originated from our US office.
You will report to the commercial director, providing regular input on all activity.
Following tasks are within your responsibilities
- Prepare and coordinate pre-qualification documentation, homologation and certification dossiers
- Prepare and coordinate the complete RFP process with all necessary departments involved (technology, production, planning, EHS, …)
- Work with sales to understand framework agreements and put together bids, ensuring accuracy of information in a timely manner
- Gather and research information/documentation to include in proposals.
- Review, organize, and edit written documentation to improve clarity and to make a final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance with technical requirements.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with technical staff to develop, research, track, and follow-up on requests
- Ensure all required information is provided in time of the requested deadlines (ownership and time management!), able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Provide detailed cost estimates for tender submissions and prepare pricing files
- Input quote details and data on CRM and keep system updated
- Analyze all contract and legal documentation (T&C’s) and ensure compliance
- In agreement with sales prioritise bids giving the highest return on hours invested and project contribution.
- Attend bid clarifications and negotiation meetings with customers to support sales in negotiations and presentations
- Based on previous gathered information, introduce efficiencies and new methods of tendering so information is better accessible for sales
- Assists in the development of other marketing tools such as brochures, company website, etc.
- Engineer with first relevant experience in a technical commercial environment
- Fluent in Dutch , English and French. German language is a plus
- Knowledge of the railway or overhead conductor sector is a plus
- Able to work in an international environment
- Hands-on attitude with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to work against deadlines and handle stress
- Perfect time management
- Independent dynamic worker willing to improve and learn
- Analytical and problem-solving mentality with eye for detail
- Result and objective driven
- Excellent writing skills in various languages
- Heart for paper work