AAAC UHC conductors offer superior energy efficiency and are probably the most efficient overhead conductors available today. Each kilogram of conductor up in the air consists of ultra high conductive aluminium alloy and is effectively transporting electrical current.Thanks to the unique properties of the alloy, AAAC UHC conductors operate cooler and more efficiently compared to conventional AAAC conductors.
- Increasing line capacity Replacing existing ACSR conductors by AAAC UHC can increase the capacity by up to 35%.
- Reduction of line losses and CO2 emission More conductive aluminium reduces line losses by up to 9% compared to conventional AAAC conductors of the same size and weight.
- Less power generation and reduced CO2 emission Lower line losses means less power generation and less CO2 emissions to serve the same load.
- Easy replacement Any AAAC conductor can be replaced by an AAAC UHC conductor just by replacing the conductor itself. They use the same type of line hardware and can be installed in exactly the same way.
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership AAAC UHC conductors allow transmission and distribution system owners to reduce the total cost of ownership of the network.
[caption id="attachment_5191" align="alignright" width="591"] All wires consist of aluminum alloy[/caption]This conductor is a good solution to replace most conventional ACSR conductors, particularly those with steel sections below 15%. Due to higher strength, higher conductivity and lower weight for comparable diameter, initial sag can be reduced, taking full advantage of increased capacity and conductivity.AAAC UHC can be designed using a mix of round and shaped wires resulting in truly superior conductors, unique on today’s market.