What we learned from our 2020 customer satisfaction survey
Connecting with our customers is a key pillar of our strategy. Every year, we conduct a customer satisfaction survey to assess how our customers perceive their relationship with Lamifil and the quality of our products and services. This feedback allows us to continue to evolve, improve and provide added value for our customers.
We are happy to share the key take-aways from our most recent survey, rating our performance in various domains throughout 2020. Obviously, 2020 was an exceptional year for all of us and despite the pandemic, the whole Lamifil team went to great lengths to ensure continuity of our production, support and commercial services.
Overall conclusions of our 2020 customer survey
- Across all surveyed topics, our 2020 scores are on par with the 2019 survey.
- We see improved ratings for our delivery process and product quality, while our complaint handling process remains a point of attention.
- Our customers consider their trust in us and our reputation to be the most important buying criterion.
- We continue to be praised by our customers for our customer care, professionalism and our pursuit for quality.
- At 51, our Net Promoter Score(1) remains high compared to industry standards and is well-matched with the previous score.
Key take-aways by survey topic
Our services and product quality
Our customers rated the quality of our offers, order process, deliveries, complaint handling and product quality on a scale from 0-10 with 10 being the top score. These are the highlights of their response:
- The quality of our offers received an 8.53 rating. A slight difference with the 8.75 score in 2019, mainly due to a somewhat lower scoring of our response time. A point we will pay attention to.
- Our order and delivery process were both scored at 8.7. The improvement of our delivery rating vs the 8.6 of 2019 is due a better in time delivery score (8.7 in 2020 vs 8.3 in 2019).
- The perception of our overall product quality slightly improved to an 8.6 rating compared to 8.5 in our 2019 survey.
- As was the case in our 2019 survey, our complaint handling process received the lowest overall rating. With a 6.7 out of 10, this part of our service is our biggest point of attention for further improvement in the future. Our goal is to reduce response times and keep our customers better informed of progress. As a result, we have recently strengthened the quality team. Within a project management approach, we will increase collaboration between our quality and other departments to analyse problems and implement solutions more effectively.
Why our customers buy from us
We asked our customers to rate the key reasons for buying products and solution from Lamifil on a scale from 0-10 with 10 being the top score. These are the highlights:
- The top 3 buying criteria are ‘trust & reputation’ (8.7), ‘meeting technical requirements’ (8.5) and ‘experience with similar projects’ (8.31). A notable shift compared to the 2019 survey in which ‘meeting technical requirements’ (9.3) were rated as the top reason to buy, before delivery times (8.4) and trust/reputation (8).
- The fact that our solutions contribute to our customer’s strategic objectives, such as ROI and sustainability, was rated to be more important in our 2020 survey than in 2019 (7.75 vs 7.4 score).
- Whereas ‘price’ was rated as a fairly important buying criterium in our 2019 survey (7.8 score), its perceived importance dropped in our 2020 survey (6.9 score).
These results seem to underline the increasing importance our customers attach to working with a trusted, reputed and experienced partner that focuses on delivering added value and supports their business goals.
How customers value our business relation
The last part of our survey zoomed in on specific attributes that our customers associate less or more with Lamifil. Here’s what our customers value in doing business with us:
- As was the case in our previous survey, our customers highly value our helpfulness, friendliness, professionalism and open communication. Compared to our 2019 survey, we received a higher score on our customer-driven attitude (8.3 vs 7.9) and focus on quality (8.4 vs 8). Moreover, our customers increasingly recognise Lamifil as a leader in the markets in which we are active.
In conclusion, we asked our customers about their willingness to recommend Lamifil to others (colleagues or professional peers), resulting in an index referred to as the Net Promoter Score (NPS), which can range from -100 to +100.
- Our 2020 survey NPS is 51, which according to industry standards, is an excellent score that reflects the overall satisfaction and loyalty of our customers.
In our satisfaction surveys, we stimulate our customers to provide additional input and feedback in free comment fields. Together with the quantitative survey results, these provide us with a both a structured and detailed view on what lives among our customers across all business lines.
Let us know
If you have questions or comments, or specific points you wish to discuss with us, please contact your account manager or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to participate in our next survey, which will be distributed end of November. Please feel free to send us your own supplier evaluation sheet. We take your feedback at heart to improve our performance.
(1) Net Promoter Score(NPS) is the percentage of customers rating their likelihood to recommend a company, a product, or a service to a friend or colleague as 9 or 10 (“Promoters”) minus the percentage rating this at 6 or below (“Detractors”) on a scale from 0 to 10. Respondents who provide a score of 7 or 8 are referred to as “Passives” and do indeed enter into the overall percentage calculation. The result of the calculation is expressed without the percentage sign. Source: Wikipedia